Sunday, October 20, 2013

IT'S A SHORT WEEK!!!!!

Zao bloggers! Here's the update about last week (a long week) that was quite frankly one of my most exciting weeks I've had here yet.
Monday-Wednesday: Honestly... I don't remember much about these days except that I got 2 of my classes back! Yeaaaaaaa!!!! Ok moving on to the really exciting news.
Thursday: In dance club I had a handful of grade 11s come to dance club and ask to join so now my club is up to 17!!! That's right! That means we have enough people to request a room transfer. We're no longer in the music storage room :D We get to request the dance studio! They students all LOVE my club and even stayed 20 minutes late to keep dancing... it was dinner time so I had to cut them off but still, it was a lot of fun!
Friday: Sports Meeting part 1. All day long the entire high school campus sat on the "playground"--that's what they call the track field--and watched their classmates compete against other classes or they were the students actually competing. I had a blast and I think my students enjoyed themselves more because they saw me acting like a fool. I had WAY too much fun.  I even let a student draw a cat nose and whiskers on my face! She loved me for that :P I was showing my school spirit... I mean really now, c'mon. My other students loved me because I signed them out of the barricade so that they could play feather ball with me.  Feather ball, or TiJianZi as it's called in Chinese, is like hacky sack except it's got feathers that stick straight up and the bottom is made of plastic, rubber, and metal disks. I have some battle wounds from playing feather ball for about 4 hours :/ But it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!! I cheered really loudly for my classes and even lost my voice for a few hours :D
Saturday: Sports Meeting part 2. Saturday on a long week is only half day so we played more races and games from 8am until 12pm. I ran the last leg of the 400m relay and passed two teachers pulling out team from 5th to 3rd, which was truly awesome! But now I'm so sore!!!! My quads, hamstrings, and obliques feel like someone has a death grip on them. My students were impressed so my job is done :P.  After my race I felt great so I played a few more hours of feather ball. I now have bruises on my ankle from where the metal kept hitting me instead of my shoe.  I'm still working on that technique LOL.
Sunday: I went shopping with a couple ladies from my building :) Christine and Joanna decided that girl time was necessary and since I go shopping every weekend, they wanted me to show them where all the fun discounts are ;) I had my first successful bartering experience, which was so rewarding! Joanna and Christine got some nice scarves and Joanna found a large photo frame that will help our apt look less like an insane asylum.

My Chinese language skills (speaking and writing) are getting stronger every day but the more I learn, the more I mess up.  So much vocabulary in my head! At least I know enough to get by on my own at shops and restaurants. I can't take anyone on a tour yet but I'll get there soon enough ;). I can't wait to see what new adventures await me this week! Until then... Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment