Sunday, January 9, 2011

Update 1

Hey everyone. I know it’s been a while since I updated so here’s some week-by-week stories of what I’ve been up to since leaving toga town. If you follow me on twitter or facebook, you’ve got pretty much the jist of everything, but here are the deets :).

I came home a couple days before Christmas Eve… and I do mean a couple literally. My flight was on the morning of the 22nd and I arrived on the insanely humid island of Oahu later that night. 8:30pm HI time to be exact. I was exhausted and I had just had my braces tightened so I couldn’t really eat anything. So my dad took me to a fro-yo place since you all know how obsessed I am with frozen yogurt (not sure when or why this came over me… but it did and now I spend SO much money on it every week haha). I looked like such an out of place East Coast chick when I got home because I was wearing my favorite denim skirt/leg warmers/black boots combination with a Skidmore Hockey shirt on (my favorite shirt… Go figure :P). So I was rep-in’ Skidmore pretty hard.

The next day I woke up and sat in the jacczzi for a couple hours and then fell asleep in the sun. Bad idea on my part since I hadn’t seen sun for a good 2 months at the very least. Needless to say I was a bit burnt when I went to work that night haha. Yes I know, home for a day and I was already at work. Hey, that’s how I roll… sorta haha. I worked the chips at the bumbucha stand at the UH men’s basketball. I was the one who gets to ask if there are special orders and collect their poker chip and deal with all the stupid jokes like “all in” or “what’d I win?” I smiled and played along of course because they think that I don’t hear that all night long and that it’s original (when it’s definitely NOT).

Then came Christmas Eve. Of course the family tradition continued and we opened our presents from family and friends that evening. My favorite gift was the pearls my mom, dad, and sister gave to me. I finally have riding pearls :). Some other gifts I received included a bebe hat, a tropo shirt and hoodie, hello kitty pj’s, and a nail polish kit. I got some other stuff too but you know, Christmas Eve was kind of a while ago so I forget already.

Christmas day: I woke up and unwrapped my Santa presents. My favorite Santa present was the kindle. I love it and read from it all the time. I also got a lacy headband, a lacy dress (VERY riskay), and a water bottle that you can fold up. Again, I got other stuff but can’t really remember off the top of my head. Then the fam headed back to Millilani for BINGO time. We had lots of fun and laughs. There are pics and vids up on fb (hint you should check ‘em out). It was rather exhausting since I had jut come back from the East… Regardless, it was an amazing Christmas. Be sure to check the next few posts for the updates of the rest of the weeks. Until then… Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment