Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Word of advice

NEVER fight with your bf/gf when you're in a long distance relationship. Especially if he/she has a low battery and is on the road and has no way of charging his/her phone until a couple days after you say things you regret. Take it from me.... I have personal experience in this matter. Jeremy has been on a road trip for the last two weeks (I think. The days have started to blur together). I barely get to talk to him because he's driving from national park to national park camping and being all... well... Jeremy (and by Jeremy I mean, outdoorsy and adventurous and IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with). He calls me every so often just to say hi (which I requested because I wanna know that he's alive). But of course, he's camping in his car and at national parks so he doesn't have a way to charge his phone that often. So when he calls me the opening line is, "Hi babe, just so you know my phone is about to die." My response, "Of course it is. Where are you now?" Well, just so YOU know, I'm a girl, I have mood swings when it's that time of the month, and my tolerance level has hit maximum. So yes, I got irritated with him and snapped quite a bit. Right as I was about to take a deep breath and say I'm sorry, his phone dies. AWESOME. So now our conversation is in the middle of a fight and I have no way of contacting him for a couple days because he has no phone. I feel terrible about it, although I justify it with PMS and the fact that I miss him when I get to talk to him all the time (which is rarely). I want to apologize but can't... at least not for a little while. And by the time he gets home and is able to talk to me, I will be in school which means I won't have time to talk to him. So basically... we're both in over our heads and we know it. We knew it would be hard when we got into the relationship which is why we talked about it for 2 and a half months before actually getting into it, and now three months later, we think we won't make it. There are just too many obstacles for us to jump and duck. Is it even worth it any more?? We don't get to see each other, we don't get to talk, the only good thing about this (right now anyway) is that it gets guys to stop talking to me (which I'm loving btw. People finally started leaving me alone). I love Jeremy but it's just too hard... And those of you who know me, know that I like a challenge but hate to work hard. So I'm a contradiction in human form. We discussed the idea of relaxing our definition of relationship and maybe even dropping the title completely but we haven't yet come up with a solution... although I wouldn't be surprised if we broke up after this since I was kinda unreasonable (for which I still blame my female/PMS status).... who am I kidding?? I was a flat out B*TCH to him. I complained about how I don't get to talk to him that much and how I'm feeling like he isn't in it anymore.... I know I shouldn't have because he can't control when his phone battery dies and when he'll have time to talk to me and stuff... but still, even I'm entitled to a little attention right?? UGH bottom line... Be careful when you get mad because you never know when you'll be able to make it right again. Jeremy, I'm sorry!!!

In other news, I've been studying for GREs every day for an hour and so far I have learned the definitions of 232 frequently seen vocab words in the GREs (and how to use them in a sentence). Whoo hooo..... 568 words to go.... and then the math section. I can't really study how to write an essay since the topic is different every time and I have no way of knowing how those are graded. So I'm pretty much screwed... wait no... I'm... yea screwed would be a good way to look at it. This is just NOT my year. I'm gonna die. I think I need to drop 2/3 of breakbeats' practices since I just don't think I will have the energy for it. Although, if I'm not going 100% I may as well not go at all. What do you think?? All or nothing, or, do what I can do?? Personally I say all or nothing this semester and then see what happens next semester. But I'll leave that for you to help me with. Anyway, I have to get going to work... Half day today :/ And it's raining :\ Oh well. Update more soon. Until then... Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment