Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words

So here a few thousand! Lol enjoy :) I have way more photos of awesome stuff I did on my first night in Jinan, but sadly they won't upload.  When I tried to upload them, I got an error message saying "Server returned invalid response." Any tips would be lovely!
Regardless, here is a photo of a spring in Jinan.  Jinan is the land of many springs. People drink from them, wash their feet in them, and swim in them. I just walked over them.
Sophie (a bilingual teacher) took Giles (my counseling colleague from UK) and I to Greedy Bear Mini Hot Pot.  YUM!!

 Then we walked around the square outside the mall.  It was GORGEOUS!! I wish all the photos could be uploaded.  This is only one side of the square.
 At night the square comes alive with hundreds of people selling light-up trinkets.  Things that fly, things that spin, and wearable items (like the man's headband). 
 Little kids can take skating lessons here in the square.  There were 4 different groups last night.
 Sorry it's sideways.  At 8pm the fountain behind me and the long stretch of water to the left of me puts on a water show. The water sprays toward the lotus in the middle of the fountain as well as out toward the circle of the audience.  If you go, be prepared to get wet.
 There are lots of activities all going on.  This is hacky sack (the little yellow feathered thing to the right of the closest man to the camera is the hacky sack). We saw dozens of games going on.
 There were three or four men and boys showing off their nunchuck skills as well as selling nunchucks.  Yes those on the far right light up and change lights.  EPIC!
 This was where I HAD to join in.  There are groups of people dancing much like line dancing. The Chinese call it "mama dance." Clearly, the laowai, don't know the dances lol (That's Giles to the left of me).
We had a blast! Not a bad first night in Jinan. If I can get the photos to upload, I'll be sure to post all about it.  Until then... Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment