Sunday, September 22, 2013

Here's to another long week!

Ni hao bloggers! Well, it's been a week (I think) since I last updated you.  Here's what's been going on.
Monday: Our bus broke down. About 5 mins after we left campus the bus made this really weird grinding noise. We notice 15 mins later that we weren't going any faster than about 30 mph... Yes we were stuck in first gear. Every time we stopped to let someone off the bus or we stopped at a red light/stop sign, the bus would shut off.  So it took us a while to get home. Longer than the usual hour. We didn't even get to our stop really. We had to hike up the San Fransisco-like hill that we live on.  It was brutal in the heat with all our stuff and wearing work clothes. We were not very happy hikers.
Tuesday: Half day for the exit-entry department. The foreign teachers (including me) had to go to the exit-entry department to get our residence permits. Little did we know, we needed our ORIGINAL physical forms to get a residence book.  We (the group I'm here with) was never in possession of our physical forms.  They got sent directly to our recruiter so we were almost screwed for getting our residence permits. Luckily, our school made something happen and we were able to get what we needed... about 4 hours later.  It was a nightmare.
Wednesday: Half day of school and also the 10th day in our work week.  BRUTAL. That's all I can say. My brain was dead, my body was tired, and I was ready for the Mid-Autumn Festival.  Our group went to dinner to celebrate.  We celebrated late into the night (if you know what I mean ;P).
Thursday: 1st day off in a while. Didn't do much except explore the city. I FOUND A BOOK STORE!!!! I was so excited. I also found some stuff to decorate my room with :D
Friday: Decorated room and went to RT mart to get more stuff for my room aka another pillow, a rug, some towels, etc.
Saturday: Lazy day in. Hung out with friends. Watched movies. Slept.
Sunday: Dance! I found a spot on the mountain next to our apartment and just danced for three hours.  IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I couldn't walk after lol. But I'm fine today (Monday).
Today: Work work work. Today through Friday is a Long Week schedule and then Saturday will be a Short Week Monday and Sunday will be a Short Week Friday. Then we're into the National Holiday. That's a week long break. Yay! More exploring to be done. I'll be sure to update you again next week. Until then... Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment