Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have anger issues

What do you do when the outlet for you stress and anger becomes the reason you're angry?? I swear if someone doesn't shut that know-it-all up real soon I will shut her up and do the time for it. This chick on my dance team is seriously pissing me off. We'll be dancing someone else's choreography and she'll be saying corrections. Or she'll be counting with the choreographer. I'm all for helping the choreographer count when we're just running through the dance but when we're trying to clean the piece and we're stopping on specific counts to answer any questions, you really can't be rushing ahead of where the choreographer wants you to be. The girl I'm referring to is in the dance department and she takes ballet and modern classes. I respect that she's a talented dancer in those areas of dance but she isn't that great at hip hop. She doesn't look like the rest of us. She looks like a ballet dancer trying to mock hip hop dancers. She's having fun and I'm all for that.... But seriously at least look like you're trying. I cannot emphasize enough how much we do NOT need more than two choreographers teaching a piece at any given time. She just keeps giving corrections that the choreographer will eventually see and correct him/herself. Yes sometimes we need a voice to ask the question to clarify the movement but not every single little thing needs to be pointed out by someone who doesn't even know the choreography. When it's my turn to teach and choreograph I will seriously put her in her place and if she says one thing I will shut her up and kick her out of my piece. She has been pissing me off since I've been back. She's not even an old member!! She's brand new this semester. Just because you're a dancer doesn't mean you get to be a diva to those who haven't had as much experience with choreography or teaching as you. If we want your damn help, we'll ask!!!!!! So shut up and take the back seat for once!!!! If you're reading this, which I doubt you are because you don't care about anyone but yourself, I hope you realize how upset at this I am. You have officially taken the one thing in my life that I have poured everything into, and made me want to quit. I've wanted to quit before but for other reasons and I was never really serious about quitting. But seriously, if you piss me off one more time I will drop Breakbeats regardless of how much I love that team. I no longer have a healthy outlet for my anger and if you don't stop I will take it out on you. I'd rather not because I have A LOT to lose but you are pushing it.... Stop trying to be the star of Breakbeats.

Special thanks to Winston for calming me down in my time of desperation. I can't tell you how much that means to me. To everyone else I hope you enjoyed my rant once again. Until next time... Laters!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew that changing the name of the group wouldn't change the fact there will always be one person who pisses you off

    ReplyDelete