Friday, December 3, 2010

Busy Busy Me

Wow, being at work on a Friday afternoon is significantly more quiet than being here on a Monday afternoon or a Tuesday/Thursday morning. So I'm going to use this time to update my blog a little more thoroughly than I did yesterday. So here's the scoop:

For spring break I was supposed to drive from NY to OR/WA and back. But someone, who shall remain nameless, bailed on me. So I had to find either someone else to drive with, or something else to do altogether. I asked Jen but her parents were hesitant since she's leaving for Japan for the semester. For the first time fate has actually been kind to me!! I reconnected with Jeremy aka Fink. We've been talking since Monday and I mentioned that I had nothing to do for spring break. He suggested I visit him in San Francisco. Not a bad idea!! I really miss him and all the crazy times we had in Education class. We (the class not just us) used to draw in my notebook and I still have that collage of doodles lol. He used to play this game where he spun a pen and who ever it landed on had to do things. Once he said, "Who ever this pen lands on has to make out with me." Of course it lands on me!! Go figure. It's not like I bought into it or anything, it was just something that we bonded over because it was a funny incident. Another funny incident we bonded over was the fact that we both studied abroad in Australia (different years and cities though) and we had actually met my freshman year-his sophomore year-we just didn't really remember it because it was embarrassing for me haha. Anyway, now I have a new plan for spring break: fly to SF, stay with him for a couple days, then drive up to OR/WA with my sister/parents/all three. Then I fly back to school, they fly home and I will have gotten to see my not so long lost friend :) OK I know some of you must be thinking that it's sick that my ex who I was so desperately in love with and this new guy are both named Jeremy.... but in all honesty... Fink came before J3. I turned down the Skidmore Jeremy so that things with the Oregon Jeremy could happen. I'm not saying that I want things to happen long term with the Skidmore Jeremy now, I'm just filling you in on the history. I'm finally over J3 and enjoying life as a single woman (mildly) so I doubt I'll let a guy get me all upset and depressed for a while. At least not until I'm ready to get back into a relationship. I'm not gonna lie though... Skidmore Jeremy is so attractive!! :P

Moving on: Tonight I'm going to a hockey game :D Yes yes I know, "ME?!?!? GOING TO A HOCKEY GAME?!?!" I actually like the sporting atmosphere, I just never have anyone to go with, so I just don't go. But I have a friend to go with tonight :D YAY!! Also, hockey guys are hot... ergo I'm going for the hot hockey guys :P
Tomorrow I have conflict coaching training (I'm already trained but I wanna go help out with the training). That should be fairly fun seeing as Nick is running it. He's so passionate about this, it's amazing. Then at night it's Jr Ring!!! For those of you who don't know what Jr Ring is, it's Skidmore's Winter ball. This year the theme is DISNEY!!!!! Seriously, it's like made for me!! Normally I wouldn't go, but it's my last year and it's Disney. I HAVE to go.
Lastly, Monday is my presentation for Senior Sem!!!!! remember all those posts where I'm bit*hing about it?? Yea it's finally all going to pay off. I present at 10:10 about the restorative justice process on college campuses. SO STOKED!!!! I can't wait. I'm so nervous about it though. I'm not generally a nervous presenter but it's something I've been working on for so long that I'm just like wth am I even looking at anymore?!?! I sent a draft to my family to look over because I was supposed to but I have a feeling that it may actually help. Idk we'll see.

Other news.... It's finally down to high 30s this week. It was weird when it was December and 56 degrees and RAINING!!!! I played in the rain of course :) I think that's all I can think of now.... BTW people should follow me on twitter @vixey_gurl808. For now I'm out but I'll let you know how the weekend turns out!! Until then... Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment