Friday, January 22, 2010

just some updatin'

Man it's cold!!!! I've gone weak.... lame! I've been here for two and a half days now and despite missing everyone from Hawaii and Aussie land, I'm pretty sure I'm loving being back on the east coast. I definitely belong here whether I like it or not. So here's the latest news since I've been back.

Wednesday afternoon I arrived in Newark. Daddy and I went to Woodbury Commons outlet mall to shop (I needed new boots). While we were shopping it started to snow/flurry a little. I was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and athletic shoes... needless to say I was freezing! Then we drove onward to Saratoga 2 pairs of boots, one fleece, and one snow pair of snow pants later. We got to the hotel and crashed pretty early from an exhausting day.

Thursday we went to campus to see where I was living. Rounds 119 isn't too bad... It's away from where people can see directly into my room (thank goodness). I cruised around campus for a little showing Dad around. Then we went to the Skidshop to pick up my books (all $370 of them). I checked my mailbox and found my bank statements that the bank claimed not to have and then went to the bank to deposit some money. I went to find a real estate agent so I could find housing for the summer. We weren't too successful in finding a place but we did find an agent willing to keep in touch with us so that we would remain updated on decent rental values.

Friday.... I GOT A CAR!!!!! well I'm leasing it. So it's mine for the next 3 years. I'm only here for 2 years so technically I only need the car for 2 years. But the dealer said that it would be easy to return the car after only 2 years even if I'm on the 3 year minimum lease. YAY!!! I'm so excited... now I can go to work (where ever that may be) and the stables when ever I need to!! So much more convenient.

I feel like I've been here for a lot longer than I have been but I guess that's what happens when you get a lot done in a short amount of time. I move in tomorrow as well as pick up my car. I hope my semester goes as great as this week has gone. I definitely need to kick my grades up now because of all the privileges I'm receiving :X yikes! I'm gonna go crazy from all the studying but it'll be worth it to get my grades up to prove that having a car and having a job and living in Saratoga in the summer is worth it. I'll be sure to let you in on every juicy detail of my torturous semester :) Keep looking back!! Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment