Monday, November 23, 2009

Back in Hawaii. But not quite home.

So I left Australia reluctantly. The trip to the airport was fine. Tara drove me to the bus station and the bus took me to the Sydney airport. After checking in and going through all the security and whatnot I finally go to the gate. Not gonna lie... I cried the whole time I was at the bus station and on the bus going to the airport. Then I was fine until I got to the gate. I messaged Adam for the last time and his response made me cry all over again. It was hard to leave. Then I boarded the plane and sat down, exhausted. When the woman I was sitting next to came to the seat she was more of a mess than I was. She hit me in the head with her bad while trying to put it in the over head compartment, and then she had me get up so she could sit but then she had to use the bathroom so I had to get out again. Ten minutes into the flight there was a guy that caused a lot of problems because his head rest was broken. There was just so much going on that I literally wanted to yell at someone. Finally everything settled down except the plane. We had quite some turbulence but it lightened up. The two movies that played were Up and Ice Age 3. I watched Up while I ate dinner but then fell asleep before Ice Age started. I slept for quite a while but then woke up for breakfast. Finally I landed and messaged everyone that I was back. It's safe to say I sent out 50 messages and replies to people. Then I got home and kinda just chilled until I needed to head out to Noe's house. After visiting my favorite lil sis I went to dinner with my family at the wonderful Sunday night dinners. We talked and had a good time as usual. I ate a lot and can't wait to dance it off tomorrow. I miss my Aussie friends so much and I've only been back for a day. Hopefully I'll be able to return to ANU for grad school! I will work my ass off to get into that school because I really want to go back. I can't believe that I grew so attached to the city, people, and school.

Tomorrow I have to clean my room... it's pretty disgusting. Then I have dance practice which is incredible because I miss dancing so much. Not that I didn't dance heaps when I was in Australia but it'll be nice dancing with old friends again. I have to work out early in the AM because I kinda just need to. Working out will help me get my heart whole again. I may be back in Hawaii but I left my heart in Australia; at least part of it. If home is where the heart is then I have way too many homes to return to eventually. Until I do... Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment