Monday, October 19, 2009

forgotten story

Yesterday in Social Animals we were talking about animal ethics. We somehow got on to the topic of genetic modification. The jist is that in nature there are no naturally white animals. We breed them for our aesthetic purposes. But the genetic modification causes some loose wiring in the brain. This is why dalmatians are supposedly really stupid. With all the white animals we threw out, our professor was able to say whether they were smart or not based on their skin color. For example: "What about polar bears? They're not particularly stupid." Response: "Polar bears aren't white. Their skin is black and they're fur is technically clear."

After a few minutes of debating this I asked "So is this how we get the stereotype of dumb Blondes??" Can I just say that half my class is blonde?? and my hair is practically blonde because of all the coloring I do. FML :P

No comments:

Post a Comment